Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Freshman Again

The best way out is always through
Robert Frost 

Well, it seems like this has become a monthly update. That really wasn't my intention when I started this thing, but I stay so busy I just forget sometimes. 
Just to reiterate the obvious, graduation day was so great. It really was one of the best days of my life...as you can tell from this pic :) 
As much fun as it was, it feels like years ago. I had a nice 2 week break after graduation, and I spent 1 of those weeks at the beach with my family. 
 
 
I had a major problem with my apartment situation and found out the day before graduation--I no longer had an apartment. I finally found a new place and got it worked out before we left for vacation, or so I thought. The old tenant was supposed to come clean the place while I was at the beach. I was running fashionably late for orientation last Monday, but I had to pick up my keys before I headed to campus. The lady in the office told me that the girl cleaned the apartment, but I walked in to what I expected the whole time--not one finger had been lifted in this place. So, on top of getting lost and trying to find my way to orientation, then coming home to unpack my car and wait for my dad to bring furniture that evening, I had to clean this disgusting place from ceiling to carpet. It was really awful and added unnecessary stress to my already stressful schedule, and had I not been desperate for a place to sleep that night, I wouldn't have been doing it. I just wish people in this world would take more responsibility for what they say they're gonna do and be held more accountable. It's really frustrating.

When all was said and done, I finally got things moved in and situated for the most part, thanks to my wonderful family. There isn't anything hanging on the walls yet but that isn't pertinent. The last week of classes has definitely been an adjustment. I'm still trying to get a sleeping/eating schedule down. The work isn't terribly hard so far, and from what I gather, it won't be anything like college. They are more project-oriented rather than test-oriented because they want us to be prepared for real life. I've started my CPA review process--let's all pause for a collective sigh...annnnd go....I'd really appreciate thoughts and prayers as this will be a year-long process at best. I'll take the first section in the Spring, then 3 others after that. At orientation, they slammed us with job search information and really put the pressure on us to start that now too. I had to completely re-do my resume and I'm also going to be filming a video resume sometime this month. It will be on my professional profile for recruiters to see--kind of a cool idea. The last 2 weeks have been extremely stressful with all this going on, but today I finally had some down time and I feel like things are finally getting settled. 

I know this is totally negative Nancy, but did I mention that I miss Auburn....A LOT? Tuscaloosa is such a different world. I keep getting lost and have made countless u-turns in the last 2 weeks...lol. Thank God for GPS. I can't explain it, but Auburn just has another feel to it. I never understood the value of the "Auburn family" that everybody always talks about until I got here. It really is special and something that I miss a lot and will always hold dear to my heart. I'm really not sure what to expect Saturday at the first game. I'm excited because it's SEC football and I love the atmosphere, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not sad it's not Auburn.

I'll be sure to let you know how it goes. And I will try not to let it be another month from now ;) 

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them.
Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment